Search This Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Standup9ja: Obasanjo attributes success to God, Baptist training



Standup9ja: Obasanjo attributes success to God, Baptist training


A former President Olusegun Obasanjo has attributed his greatness and achievements in life to God and the training he received from the Baptist denomination and schools.

He spoke on Wednesday in Abuja at the ongoing 104th annual session of the Nigerian Baptist Convention where he was honoured on his contribution to Nigeria and the world peace.

“Permit me to confess publicly that whatever I am today have been by the grace of God and the Baptist training that I was privileged to have received early in life through the Sunbeam, the Royal Ambassadors, Baptist Boys High School, Abeokuta, Sunday school and Church Training.

“I have been guided throughout my public service by these Baptist principles of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, fairness, inclusion, boldness, order, mutual respect, and integrity. I can say I am the better for it today,” Obasanjo represented by his Chief of Staff, Deacon Victor Durodola said.

He challenged Nigerians not to underestimate the importance of various religious training if they want a greater future for their children.

He said, “I therefore urge us to note the importance and influence which the church and its various training programmes are capable of exerting on our children in their formative years. Wes hould never take with levity the character-moulding programmes for our young ones which had been enduringly beneficial to us.”

He urged Nigerians to continue cooperating with the government of President Muhammadu Buhari in his quest to restore sanity to the polity.

Earlier, the President of the Convention who is also the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN) Dr Samson Olasupo Ayokunle commended Obasanjo for his unprecedented contribution to Nigeria, Africa and the world at large.

No comments:

Standup9ja: Nedu: I Caught 2 Celebrities Having Sex With My Rich Friend At Transcorp

 Nedu: I Caught 2 Celebrities Having Sex With My Rich Friend At Transcorp

Comments