Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2015

Missy Elliot Dazzles On The Cover Of Billboard Magazine

Missy Elliot Dazzles On The Cover Of Billboard Magazine


Missy Elliot made a remarkable come back with a banging new single “WTF” featuring Pharrell Williams and a video we won’t forget anytime soon where she dances Shoki.

READ: Missy Elliott Dances Shoki In Her New Music Video

Like the stunt wasn’t enough, the pop-star snatched the latest issue of Billboard magazine and she is literally shining on the cover.

missy eliot

Apart from being on the cover of their latest issue, Missy Elliott will also receive the inaugural Innovator award at the 2015 Billboard Women in Music ceremony.
The 44-year-old hip-hop legend opened up to the magazine about her break from music, coming back after a decade and lots more.
Read excerpts from her interview below;

 On making a comeback:

I have to be very careful. It’s different now. People are quick to be like, ‘You’re irrelevant, you’re a flop, you’re washed up.’

On her break from music: 

If I wanted to do The Missing Files of Missy Elliott, I have probably six albums just sitting there. But it was much needed. People hadn’t realized that I haven’t just been an artist, I’ve been a writer and a producer for other artists. When you’re writing that much, your brain is like a computer. You have refresh it.

On having Graves’ Disease:

It causes hair loss, your eyes bulge,. My blood pressure was always up from just overworking. It started to change [my] way of life. There were physical changes, extreme headaches, extreme weight loss. What that does to a person, being a public figure and knowing people are looking, judging? That’s a tough thing.

 

No comments:

Standup9ja: Nedu: I Caught 2 Celebrities Having Sex With My Rich Friend At Transcorp

 Nedu: I Caught 2 Celebrities Having Sex With My Rich Friend At Transcorp

Comments