Search This Blog

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Desmond Elliot: “I Didn’t Go Into Politics Because I Was Hungry”

Desmond Elliot
talks politics
Nollywood actor and recently elected
politician, Desmond Elliot , has reiterated
his desire to serve while in office.
Desmond Elliot talks politics: Actor
reveals why he ran for office
Elliot, who represents the Surulere
constituency at the Lagos State House of
Assembly, added in an interview with NET
that he had no political godfathers.
READ: Desmond Elliot, Ini Edo,
Olu Jacobs and Others Thrill as
Africa Magic Promises ‘a
September to remember’ With
Blockbuster Festival
“I really beg to be different when it comes
to politics. I didn’t go in as a poor man, I
didn’t go in because I don’t have money
to eat, that’s why I never changed my
twitter or Instagram handle,” the 30 Days
In Atlanta actor said.
“I do everything myself, nothing changed
about me. I hate when people over bloat
themselves. For me service Is what it’s
supposed to be, that’s why from the
beginning of my campaign, I never wanted
any political godfather, no one is telling
me I put you there, then you must do this
for me.”
“I’m eternally grateful to my party for
seeing me worthy to be in that position.”
READ: What Happened To That
Nollywood Body? Desmond Elliot
Hits The Gym!
Elliot, 41, remained firm on his mandate
to serve the people.
“I don’t have an entourage, I just have
myself, my PA and my driver and most
times I do the driving myself. It’s a call
to service because coming from a popular
stand point I’m not seeking for popularity,
the aim to leave a legacy of success and
real change.”

No comments:

Standup9ja: Nedu: I Caught 2 Celebrities Having Sex With My Rich Friend At Transcorp

 Nedu: I Caught 2 Celebrities Having Sex With My Rich Friend At Transcorp

Comments