Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Klopp: I Am Misunderstood

Klopp: I Am Misunderstood


 


There are some misunderstanding surrounding the tactic of “full-throttle football” employed by Jurgen Klopp and now he has tackled it.
Klopp, who is preparing for his first home game with Liverpool at Anfield, in the Europa League encounter with Rubin Kazan has defended the fallacy surrounding his philosophy.
Observers have immediately questioned the sustainability of Klopp’s style of play, after it was on display against Tottenham at White Hart Lane.
That query was put to the 48-year-old at his pre-match press conference at Melwood, to which Klopp responded: “The biggest misunderstanding is that always people ask me if it’s possible to play this kind of football.
“When I started at Mainz, they would ask me each week, then at [Borussia] Dortmund they would ask me every three days. The thing is, you don’t have to play like this for 90 minutes.
“Your only possibility to learn is to start like this, but if you have the ball, you don’t have to run like crazy. If you get a better feeling for this kind of defending, the wild way is only the start.”
Klopp talked about Arsenal’s UCL win over Bayern Munich on Tuesday night as an example of intelligent pressure. Arsenal allowed the German giants to have the ball, they pressed well, and profited from dangerous possession.
“If you watched Arsenal against Bayern yesterday, Bayern had 70 per cent of the ball and lost the game 2-0. That’s football,” he explained.
“That was one of the first Arsenal games I saw when they played defensively – their defending was very disciplined with a good plan against Bayern, and they won the game.

 

No comments:

Standup9ja: Nedu: I Caught 2 Celebrities Having Sex With My Rich Friend At Transcorp

 Nedu: I Caught 2 Celebrities Having Sex With My Rich Friend At Transcorp

Comments